II.A.3: De Plotin à Étienne d'Alexandrie.
Textes et traduction.
2002. 216 S. 39,50 Euro. 14,8 x 21 cm. Hardcover. 978-3-89665-196-9.
(Heraclitea Bd. II.A.3)
Prospekt (Druckversion/PDF) / Information leaflet (Print version/PDF)
Traditio A.3 = Héraclite d'Éphèse, La Tradition antique et médiévale, A. Témoignages et citations, 3.
This volume contains over 300 texts with testimonia on Heraclitus and his teaching and quotations from his book dating from the 3rd-7th cent. AD (e. g. by Iamblichus, Stobaeus, Simplicius and Philoponus).
Volume II.A.3 contains the third part of Traditio (A), i. e. the testimonia on Heraclitus and his teaching and the quotations from his book which indubitably refer to him and date from the third period of the transmission of his corpus : from Plotinus (3rd cent. A.D.) to Stephanus of Alexandria (early 7th cent.).This book of 216 pages is divided into 49 chapters devoted each to one witness (sometimes to a group of anonymous witnesses) and includes over 300 texts. The most important chapters are those dealing with Plotinus, Iamblichus, Themistius, Calcidius, Stobaeus (40 texts, 12 p.), Eusebius, Theodoretus, Proclus, Simplicius (31 texts, 25 p.), Philoponus (22 texts, 13 p.), Asclepius, Olympiodorus and Stephanus.
In volumes II.A.1 to II.A.4 each text in the wide sense (or item) falls into 5 structural constituents:
1. The internal numbering (which is systematic and new in each chapter) and the external numbering (which is consecutive, and one and the same for the whole of Traditio (A));
2. The references: author, title, "book", chapter and paragraph of the passage, volume(s), page(s), line(s) and name(s) of the Editor or Editors of the critical edition(s) used - up to four-five editions for the same item;
3. The original text in the narrow sense, i. e. the Greek (Latin, Armenian..) text, as established by the Editor of Heraclitea;
4. A translation of it into French; and
5. The three critical apparatuses to the text including : (I) the cross references to indirect witnesses and to parallel texts (sometimes quoted), (II) the cross references to previous editions of Heraclitus (from Henricus Stephanus to the present time) and (III) the manuscript variants (with a list of the MSS) and the conjectures by modern scholars (with references to their works).
Reviews and Reactions
Buch bestellen (Deutsches Bestellformular)
Order book (Englisch order form)
Andere Neuerscheinungen/Other new books:
By the sophists to Aristotle through Plato. Edited by Elisabetta Cattanei, Arianna Fermani, Maurizio Migliori.
For a Skeptical Peripatetic. Edited by Yosef Liebersohn, Ivor Ludlam and Amos Edelheit.
The Harmony of Conflict. Edited by Francisco L. Lisi and Michele Curnis.
Il NOUS di Aristotele. Edited by Fabio Stella, Maria Giovanna Sillitti, Francesco Fronterotta.
José Antonio Giménez Salinas. Theorie und Praxis bei Platon.
Licciardi, Ivan Adriano. Parmenide tràdito, Parmenide tradìto nel Commentario di Simplicio alla Fisica di Aristotele.
Mansfeld, Jaap et al. Melissus between Miletus and Elea.
Meister Eckhart. Kommentar zum Buch der Weisheit. 2. Auflage. Eingeleitet, übersetzt und erläutert von Karl Albert.
Newton, Isaac. Mathematische Grundlagen der Naturphilosophie. 4. Auflage. Übersetzt und herausgegeben von Ed Dellian.
Nous, Polis, Nomos. Edited by A. Havlíček / Ch. Horn / J. Jinek .
Ostenfeld, Erik Nis. Human Wisdom.
Plato in Symposium. Edited by Mauro Tulli and Michael Erler.
Reason and No-reason from Ancient Philosophy to Neurosciences. Edited by R. Loredana Cardullo and Francesco Coniglione.
Robinson, Thomas M. The Other Olympians.
Understanding the 'Phaedrus'. Second edition. Edited by Livio Rossetti.